lunes, 20 de febrero de 2017

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW TO PABLO RODRIGUEZ, HOUGANG UNITED STRIKER

The Spanish striker PABLO RODRIGUEZ ARACIL answers a few questions about his arrival in Singapore and his hopes with Hougang United.

Pablo, you are the Spanish player who has played in more countries (14), what motivates you to come to Singapore and play in one of the most popular teams in the country?

Singapore had always been in my bucket list where to play and when I had the option to come to play here I did not think twice! Singapore is a spectacular country to live and enjoy day to day! And Hougang United has made a very good future project so it was very easy to decide to come here.

You will be the third Spanish player, after Francisco Salvador Ela "Chupe" in 2015 who also played for Hougang and Roberto Camarasa with Geylang in 2016.

I am proud to be this season the only Spaniard representing Spain in Singapore! Already knew about the other 2 Spaniards here, so it feels great to be the third Spaniard to debut and play in this magnificent country!



Why do you think Spanish players have not arrived in S-league?

I'm surprised to be just the third Spaniard to play here. I had been told that Singapore is a fairly closed market and it is difficult to enter because it is not a natural market and they do not know the Spanish player and what he can contribute with. Luckily, all barriers fall. Getting a good contract is not easy but thanks to Sarbon Football Agency that knows this market well  I was lucky to be able to sign this season in Singapore to enjoy a new country and a new experience.

We know you had multiple options before signing here,  Why did you choose Hougang Utd?

I chose Hougang United because it was the team that placed the strongest bet for me when they learned I was a free agent, the project was and is very ambitious for this season and obviously playing in Singapore was a dream I had for several seasons so everything has come out perfectly.

How would you describe your game and what intangibles can you bring to Hougang Utd?

My game is .. typical center forward  .. fighting spirit, good head game and giving the team the reference in the area that is needed to be able to create spaces and occasions to score goals.
The style of the team is different to my game but obviously I can contribute with my aerial power being a target man in the area and unblock tight games. The biggest intangible thing I can contribute is my international experience having fought against all kinds of centers backs (almost always with success).

Do you consider yourself the typical Spanish touch player?

No, I do not consider myself the typical Spanish player of touch (smiles) .. I consider myself more of an English style player .. but technically I have my qualities that I try to improve day by day with the trainings and with good advice of other players.


Philip Aw is one of the young coaches from Singapore who has a bright future, how would you describe his tactical input?

The coach has a philosophy exactly the same as Pep Guardiola, likes to get the ball played from behind and has very interesting tactical concepts, is a good coach, very young so I can predict a good future for him.

What are your personal and group goals?

My personal goal is to be top scorer of the S-league and the group is trying to fight for a title this season which would be historic for the club since they have never won any silverware yet.

How is your relationship with local players and foreigners?

My relationship with all colleagues is very good! I am already used to living and sharing dressing room with different nationalities so it has become very easy to have a good relationship with everyone and with the whole technical team.



What message do you send to the fans of Hougang Utd?

I really liked the detail of the reception at the airport on my arrival and my message is to support us throughout the season as there will be good times and bad but your support will be crucial to reach our goals. I'm sure we'll have a nice relationship.

PHOTOS by Heinkel Heinz

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario